Jobs for the winter garden
It might be February but there are still a few jobs you can be getting on siwth to be ready for Spring.
- Prune back roses and other shrubs that need controlling now.
- Remove fallen leaves from ponds and lawns and put into a chicken wire frame to start making great leaf mulch.
- Finish autumn lawncare such as aeration and top dressing and if you’ve not got the time contact a specialist for some help.
- Get winter treework completed – you can get details of recommended tree surgeons from the Arboricultural Association at www.trees.org.uk
- Put your feet up, plan next year’s borders and vegetable patch, and order seeds for next year.